Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dinner time


Over the last few weeks, Rufus' interest in food has really waned to the point where we practically have to hand-feed him or hold his bowl for him. Although none of the other dogs are remotely food aggressive, he acts nervous, as if he doesn't feel he has the right to eat. It's so strange. We mix a variety of food in with his kibble: chicken, beef, sausage, yogurt, cheese, peanut butter, carrots, etc. We just can't figure out why he seems so reluctant to eat. He's not at all shy about begging for popsicle bites (I feed him little pieces straight from my mouth. Yum!) He doesn't get over-fed on treats during the day, though, so it's not that he's full already. The other three dogs bolt their dinners down and then wander around and lick out each others' empty bowls. They naturally stare at Rufus and we keep them away from his (usually still full) bowl. No one growls or tries to push him away. It is a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I go one or two days without eating and I would rather eat anything other than my food. So my mom and dad wonder too. Eventually I get hungry and eat it. My weight seems ok so they are not real worried.

    ReplyDelete